Friday, February 6, 2015

Have You Heard The News?

Hi, everybody! I hinted two posts ago that I had some news. Some of you saw it on Twitter earlier this week, but in case you missed it, I wanted to let you know that I signed with Patricia Nelson of the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.

I got The Call on January 23rd. And I did a lot of nervous talking. I'd been terrified anxiety-ridden worried that I wouldn't remember to be home to take the call. I know. You scoff, but after sleeping through not one, but two college finals, I've learned to be uber vigilant. So to remind myself and to smile whenever I passed it, I wrote it on our chalkboard.

Ava Quinn, Contemporary Romance, Contemporary Western Romance, humor blog, funny blog, Agent Call,
The Urchins decorated it for me.


I'm really excited to be working with Patricia and to be a part of MLLA. I'll be starting revisions soon, which I'm looking forward to. I'm one of those deranged psychopathic polka-loving super villainous weird people who loves editing more than drafting.

It's only been five days since I signed, and now that some of the euphoria has let up, the ohmygodareyoucrazy has started to scratch at my back door. Those terrifying what ifs. What if I can't write the next book? What if everyone hates a pool hustler heroine? (It did get rejected by a publisher last month because of that.) What if I can't pull off book three? Or four for that matter?!? JEEZ What was I thinking? Someone get me a paper bag to breathe in. STAT!!



 But it hasn't escalated to total paralysis yet, so... yay!

I still have the science days that I'm planning for the Urchins' schools to do in the next few months. Which takes a lot of my time, but not as much as last year.

Now I have to talk myself into cutting back on all the volunteering I do. Speaking of which, I never did show pictures from the New Year's Eve Breeches Drop. Below, find Baby Breeches, the smaller yellow breeches that are dropped for the kids' count down at 10pm.

Ava Quinn, contemproary romance author, contemporary romance, contemporary western romance, humorous blog, humor blog, funny blog
Lit up pants being lowered. No, the blue-haired old ladies weren't lit when they thought of this idea.

So that's the big news. I'm still in shock. Tomorrow I have my writers' meeting and will do a little celebrating there. And The Man will be taking the Urchins and myself out to dinner next week to officially celebrate my agented status.

I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend! And know that the craziness will be returning to Tongue In Cheek soon. Especially since I have a new obsession. No, not sideburn art. Not yarn bombing by vigilante knitters either. You'll just have to wait and see.

Until next time, Citizens!!

24 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Wonderful news. You're a natural writer and I have no doubt much success will come your way.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm still so excited and happy for you!!

Also, I'm dying to read about a pool hustler heroine.

Looking forward to hearing about this new obsession.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have an agent - that is awesome! If she believes in your story, then so will a publisher. Congratulations, Ava!

Jemi Fraser said...

YAY! Still happy dancing for you!!!! :)

Christine Rains said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Excellent news!!! Congratulations!

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats, that is awesome news indeed. Slept through 2? Geez, needed a louder alarm clock.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Super congratulations. You've worked so hard for this. I'm going to try and wheedle that new obsession out of you tomorrow at the meeting.

Unknown said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Congrats!! That's a wonderful agency to be a part of. You hit the jackpot, girl, and I'm so proud of you!! Wheeeeee!!!

Carol Kilgore said...

Woo-Hoo!!!
Congratulations!

Can't wait to learn more.

SK Anthony said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations :D

Cathrina Constantine said...

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
It only takes 1 YES!! It's depressing when we get those rejections and then that one person that loves it!
Wishing you much success!!!

Ava Quinn said...

@Ivy- Thank you very much!!

@MJ- Thanks!!

@Alex- Thank you!

@Jemi-You're so sweet! Thanks!

@Christine- Thanks!

@Tyrean- Thanks! And thanks for the follow!

@Pat- Thank you! Yeah, up too late stressing and studying. Don't think there was an alarm loud enough.

@Sue- Thanks! Glad you're feeling a little better. Good to see you yesterday!

@Lexa- Thank you so much, Lexa! I appreciate it.

@Carol- Me too! lol! Thanks!!!

@S.K.- Thank you!!

@Cathrina- Thanks so much! And you're absolutely right!

A Beer for the Shower said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! It's just so exciting to hear that someone truly has faith in your work and out of literally thousands of people they want to represent YOU. Cheers to that!

Unknown said...

wow love that idea for a heroine! And HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!! it's the best feeling ever, enjoy every second!! :)

debi o'neille said...

Congratulations, Ava! That is fantastic news. So, is your agent having you do some edits before she sends the mss to publishers?

Ava Quinn said...

@ABeerForTheShower- Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate that!

@BethEllyn- Thanks! I'm trying to, though I'm a worry wart at heart!

@Debi- Thanks! Yes, she said to expect them by the end of this week. I'm looking forward to digging in!

Julie Flanders said...

This is so wonderful!!! Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you. Woo-hoo!

Loni Townsend said...

Hooray, Ava! That's great news! Congrats!!

Stephanie Faris said...

YAY!!! That is such awesomeness. It's the first step. Seriously. I look back and signing with my agent is the big step that made things start happening. It's never as fast as I'd like it to be...but that agent gets you places. I can't wait to watch your career unfold!

Crystal Collier said...

Wahoo!!!! Super congrats. Here's wishing you smooth revisions and multiple offers from publishers. Way to go.

Chemist Ken said...

Congratulations! I slept late during one of my finals and showed up in the classroom about halfway through. Embarrassing. I learned that I should never leave my alarm clock within arm's reach of the bed.

Liz Blocker said...

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!!! How the heck did I miss this post??? I am so, so, SO happy for you. You are such a talented and hilarious writer - this is so well-deserved. I can't wait til your book comes out!!!

Chrys Fey said...

Your the third blogger this week to announce they've been signed with an agent! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...