Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dear Preschool Mom

Dear Preschool Mom,

Please don't give me your baby to hold so you can help your child with her Valentine project during the party, come back ten minutes later and tell me said baby has a fever and a rash that you think *might* be chicken pox. You know, better yet? Don't bring the baby to a party full of sugared up three year olds at all and expose them to any of it.

If you do that again, I'm going to raise your child's tuition to cover the costs of installing a decontamination shower just inside the door of my home. 

You've been warned.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Quinn

Man, do three year olds know how to party hard. Apparently to them a party isn't a success unless you've gotten icing up to your elbows, a kickin' juice mustache, and paste in your hair. Anything beyond that is bonus.

As you can tell, the parties are planned and run by the parents. So then why am I exhausted? I'm supposed to be writing now since we're going to be buried in a foot and a half of snow by tomorrow. No writing gets done on snow days over here at Casa de Quinn (or Chez Quinn for all my French Canadian silent lurkers).

So as I type, I'm taking a page out of the three year olds' book and juicing up on caffeine. If only I could get a sweet juice mustache going, I know it would make all the difference.

This would be a kickin' diet coke mustache, dontcha think? (picture from yahoo celebrity ca.)


Hope you're getting lots of words on the page, or whatever it is that you love to do- done.

Until next time, Citizens.

12 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Oh, those were the days. Those little kid parties are not something I miss.
Snow, snow go away....

Pat Hatt said...

They sure know how to go go go and throw throw throw haha and people who spread germs need a boot in the rump

Ava Quinn said...

You said it, Sue. :)

Ava Quinn said...

I agree 100%, Pat.

Delynn Royer said...

Ah, youth... that time of life when one can judge how good a party was by how much paste and cupcake icing is stuck in one's hair when one wakes up the next morning. ;)

Unknown said...

Lol. There is nothing better then a child partying hard.

Ava Quinn said...

Yes, the young really know how to do it, (and over-do-it) Delynn. :)

Ava Quinn said...

And when you get over a dozen of them in a room together, it transcends description. :) Thanks for stopping in L.L.!

Carol Kilgore said...

I may have squirted frosting all over that woman if she'd done that to me.

I do believe my dogs are perpetual three-year olds :)

Liz Blocker said...

Are you SERIOUS? Someone actually did that??? Goodness gracious, what is wrong with people?

Ava Quinn said...

LOL, Carol!!!

Ava Quinn said...

Yes, Liz. Yes she did. OY!!! :P

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...