Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rocketship Underwear- Reused.

Hi everybody. I'm running around like a maniac this week and with next week being the holiday I'll be in Mommy-Mode full time, so I may not be around much in the beautiful alternate reality of the internets. So I'm posting another re-run. This one from April of 2010. Time to get your rocketship underwear on!

I love the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. It was inspired; creative, with a combination of great illustrations and wonderful writing. I remember this one where Calvin is flexing his little arms in front of a mirror wearing just underwear and his "I'm going to take on the world and win" grin. And he says something like, there's nothing like rocket ship underwear to make you feel invincible.

I have my version of rocket ship underwear on today. It's my new Chef Wong's tee shirt. Chef Wong's is a great Chinese restaurant in the area. The family ate there one fall day, and they had these shirts hanging on the wall for sale. The Man's back was to them, but I kept pestering him to look at them. The exchange went a little something like this.

Me - Check out that tee shirt. It's so cool!
Him - I will in a minute.
Me - But it's awesome. You have to check it out.
Him - I will in a minute.
Me - Seriously. It's the coolest ever. You have to look at it.
Him - Can I eat some General Tso's first?
Me - I guess. But you're looking after two bites

So the Man, smart man that he is, got the impression that I fancied the shirt. He got one for me for Christmas. He used it to wrap two dvds. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero, so it was a total Kung Fu Christmas theme going on with that part of the gift.

We pause here for Ava's benefit since she can't say Kung Fu without hearing this in her head:



Okay. Now back to our regularly scheduled post.

So I'm wearing the Chef Wong shirt today. It's short sleeved, so I had to wait for nice weather to put it on. And let me tell you I put it on. Along with the whole rocket ship underwear attitude. Not even finding dog crap in my living room- that the offending dog stepped in and subsequently tracked around- could dampen my spirits. Now that is one magic tee shirt.



So I do have a bit of a tee shirt obsession. I'm currently waiting for just the right moment to bust out the Will Farrell "More Cow Bell" shirt for the season.

That's a tricky one. You have to know when the right unveiling time is for the warm weather. You don't want to do it too early and have to cover it with a sweatshirt. You run into dangerous territory if you try to contain that much awesomeness. Nuclear meltdown type stuff.

So, do you have any healthy obsessions? Any talismans that act like rocket ship underwear? Lay it on me!

13 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Hmmmm an obsession, does rhyming count? No tee shirt obsession though at my show.

Ava Quinn said...

Rhyming absolutely counts since you do it so well!!

Liz Blocker said...

Ok, now I really want to see what the T shirt looks like. Picture? Pleeeease?

Ava Quinn said...

Lol! I'll have to dig it out from behind it's display glass. It even has a little hammer on a chain with a sign next to it reading, "Break glass in case of awesomeness emergency."

Unknown said...

You are such a riot! At least the Man was understanding and remembered what you liked. Good Man. But Bad Dog. That discovery would definitely have put a damper on my mood, even with rocket-ship underpants. lol

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Lexa! The Man is definitely a keeper. :D

Sherry Ellis said...

Calvin and Hobbs was always my favorite comic strip!

Al Penwasser said...

Oh, I miss Calvin and Hobbes. What a great comic strip.

Ava Quinn said...

@Al and Sherry- Calvin and Hobbes definitely rocked!

Delynn Royer said...

Talismans? No, I don't think so, although... I do have this one pair of stretchy pants ... nah, never mind. Won't go there. ;) (Gee, I've got tears in my eyes from laughing at that old cowbell skit!)

Carol Kilgore said...

I am going in search of rocket ship underwear. I need some. Now!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ava Quinn said...

I'm preparing my stretchy pants for tomorrow, Delynn!

I love that cowbell skit. Between Will Farrell and Christopher Walkin I don't know who's funnier.

Ava Quinn said...

Good luck in your search, Carol! lol!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...