Friday, February 22, 2013

It's A Sign

humor, romance, contemporary western romances, contemporary western romance author, humorous blog, hot romance books, roller derby, Ava Quinn contemporary western romance, cowboy romance, contemporary western romance novels, funny blog, contemporary western romance author,
It's not mine, but I sure wish it was!
Look what the youngest Urchin picked out of a mystery Lego pack last week. A Roller Derby girl! (A Jammer, to be specific.) Move over Sea Monkeys, I think we're looking at my new mascot.

The local roller derby is starting up again in my redneck of the woods soon, and I'm psyched. It's such a fun time. April 7th is opening night with an inter-league bout.

roller derby, humor, humorous blog, romance, contemporary western romance author, romance books, contemporary romance writer, Ava Quinn contemporary western romance, cowboy romance, contemporary western romance novels, funny blog, contemporary western romance author,
Here's her action shot. Note the tiny roller skates!
It's nice to have something to look forward to in the spring. Flowers, birds, warm weather, motorcycle riding and roller derby. What a perfect combination.

And to boot, I finished the massive paperwork for my writing group and sent it in to RWA last night. Now all I need to do is work off the extra chocolate calories I consumed in an ill-advised, yet completely necessary, stress induced feeding frenzy so I could finish said paperwork. But that's a story for another day.

So what are you looking forward to this spring?

4 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm betting roller derby will burn off some chocolate calories.

I'm looking forward to being able to bring the dogs on walks again. There's just so much ice right now that we can't do it.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

What I'm looking forward to this spring is a long, long list. Love your mascot.

Ava Quinn said...

Poor pups. Hope you get a thaw soon!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue. Yes, my list is long as well.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...