Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Definitely A Bad Sign When

You pull a muscle as you attempt to hook your sports bra. I mean, I hadn't even made it to Zumba class and I'm already injured? What the hell?!

The only thing worse is as I get older, I find that I go to bed feeling okay, but wake up with a pulled hammy. And I didn't do anything during the night in the bed to sustain an injury. I'm just old! How do I go to bed fine and then wake up injured? What is that about?

I blame the sea monkeys.

Well, I still went to my Zumba class. Not the one I last reported on. You remember, the one I wanted to stage a coup and take over. Hostil-y. A la Joan of Arc in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I now attend Zumba at the roller rink. Yes, the roller rink! It's so awesome. They turn down the house lights and get the disco globe going and the colored party lights. I'm hooked.

So I didn't injure myself further, though this has been the week of injuries/frailties for me. I had that ear infection, I banged my head wicked hard (it's still tender) on the corner of the door jam of my kitchen,(the man still thinks I may have slightly concussed myself) and now the sports-bra-hooking injury. It reminds me of the time I almost killed myself due to deeply ingrained girly tendencies.

Ahhh, good times.

So are there any weird things happening to you as you get older? (Why do I have the feeling it's just me.)

6 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I love that scene in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Of course, I pretty much love all the scenes in that movie.

I've had a rash of stupid unexplainable injuries lately. I have not enjoyed it.

Ava Quinn said...

I can appreciate that. Or as the homegirls say, "I feelz ya." Or is that the lolcats? They're pretty much interchangeable, really.

Mina Lobo said...

I heart both Bill & Ted flicks - and did you know they're potentially going to have a 3rd???

When I hit 40 in 2010 I noticed two things:

1. My knees hate me.

2. So does Gravity.

Bah.

Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!

nutschell said...

ooh. Those head bumps definitely hurt. I remember banging myself against the ceiling of our understairs close once. :P

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Ava Quinn said...

Yes, Mina, it's that 40 number. Yuck!

Ava Quinn said...

Yowch. That had to hurt! Thanks for stopping by Nutschell.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...