Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sea Monkeys and Carny Food- But Not at the Same Time

I have been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest. I can't even begin to tell you all the different ways I've been pulled. The blue- hairs have one of my legs, the Urchins have the other, Ebay and Craigslist have an arm. Church and back-to-school have the other arm, and my brain is about to go super nova.

So sorry for the blog silence. I know you all wait with bated breath for me to post here.

When we last left each other, the Sea Monkeys were making their move by bending the carny goldfish to their evil will. Well, check it out. I have photo positive proof that they are in cahoots.

Ava Quinn, contemporary western romance, cowboy romance, contemporary western romance novels, funny blog, contemporary western romance author, deranged goldfish, hostile sea monkey takeover, humor blog,
Check out the creepy fog. They're in there. Don't you doubt it.
The levels of aggression on the big orange one have gone through the roof. I need a counter-strike option stat.

On top of this, the carnival is in my back yard again. Once a year for four glorious days, the back yard is inhabited by the craziest carnies you've ever met. The urchins ride rides, I eat nothing but fried things on sticks, washed down with funnel cake and people-watch some of the best characters humanity has to offer. Ahhh, life is good.

I'll have all the latest carny reports for you in a few days after I claw my way out of my diabetic coma. So, for your carny fulfillment, I'll leave you with two takes on carnivals. The first is my own romantic musings after a close encounter with a carnival ride operator working in the back yard.

The second are the judges of the 'Possum Queen swimsuit competition I won last year. As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words. Unfortunately, you'll be a bit speechless after you take a gander at these.

Until next time, citizens!

A Lid For Every Pot


The 'Possum Queen Swimsuit Competition Recap

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I have two kids going off to college this year and only myself to get ready for the public school year. It's the time in 21 years I don't have a child in school Sorry you're so busy.

Mina Lobo said...

MMMMM, fried foods on sticks! ::drools::

I've got a kid going off to college too; today was a hot mess of shopping, which STILL ISN'T OVER! We've just got tomorrow to finish up all that needs doing and then my baby flies the nest on Saturday...sighs. I'm *wrecked*.
Some Dark Romantic

Ava Quinn said...

If I'm busy, Sue, I'm on the correct side of the grass. I can rest when I'm dead, I guess. lol

You are almost officially an empty nester! Yowza!

Ava Quinn said...

I concur, Mina. I leave a trail of drool from fried food stand to fried food stand.

Yikes! Don't be wrecked! Are you going to be an empty nester too, or do you have another one waiting in the wings?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...