Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

Well, since we've gotten home from camping, the youngest urchin has had her birthday. She is now a four year old. Not sure how that happened. The family party is Saturday. I've been cleaning up from camping - laundry, putting away all the camper/ing stuff, laundry, trimming the lawn, laundry, cleaning the house, laundry, baking and wrapping, laundry. . . You get the picture.

Next week the oldest urchin is in a play. Dress rehearsal Thursday, performances Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So there have been lots of rehearsals so far and then every day next week. So I'm doing a lot of mom-taxiing.

I need to learn how to write with noise in the background. I might be able to get some words on screen if I could stop being so darn distractible. Currently, I've been doing a Dr. Frankenstein on chapter one of Brass In Pocket. We'll see if I like the results.

So do you write with music on in the background? Can you write anywhere? Or are you like me and need a quiet environment to get your thoughts down? Inquiring mind would like to know - mine, that is.

Until next time, citizens!

6 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm the opposite. I need a little noise though I prefer something like music or a movie in the background. The family being noisy does distract me.

Misty said...

I am also distractable, but it depends. I like music sometimes. Can write with my child running around or watching TV if I'm deep in it. But as for writing somewhere that has a lot of random chatter? Not so much. THough I can edit on paper in places like that. You asked!

Ava Quinn said...

I like music too much, Sue. I want to sing or hum along instead of write!

Ava Quinn said...

LOL, Misty!

I think it's the elementary school teacher training in me. (ten years is hard to rub out) I must be constantly monitoring behavior. Constant Vigilance!!!

CrazVideos said...

Love this!


Check out my blog if you get the time: crazyassvideos.blogspot.com

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, CAV!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...