Friday, March 25, 2011

Misty Simon & Strings Attached Author Interview

Wow, what a whirlwind this new segment has turned out to be. I have three more authors lined up for interviews. Today we have author, Misty Simon, who writes books that make you laugh until you snort.

She is a multi-published author with eleven books to her credit. I love her Ivy Morris Mystery series and was sad when it came to its (very satisfying) conclusion after five wonderful installments.

Today she's here to tell us about her latest romantic comedy release, Strings Attached.

Thanks for agreeing to answer some interview questions about yourself and your new book, Misty.



So, what is your new book about?

Here’s the back blurb, baby!

Back at home after his latest tour, Chris Niles, resident jokester and lead guitarist for Lexical Diffusion, is at loose ends. His bandmates are being felled like trees by Cupid's arrow, which leaves him without a roommate or his regular buddies to hang out with. But when he meets the lovely and voluptuous Andrea one rainy afternoon, he thinks she could very well be the perfect diversion.

Andrea Wimer has recently moved back home to help her father. On her way to a house call for her father's business, she drives by Chris who is strolling along in a downpour as if he hasn't a care in the world. Her first impression is that he's crazy. When they end up running into each other later that same night, she adds sexy and fun to the original description. Smitten by his dimple-filled smile, she accepts his offer to show her his side of the town--a no strings attached kind of thing--before he leaves on tour again.

What starts out as a bit of fun becomes more than that with each passing day. As Chris finds himself opening up his heart and his past to a woman who seems content to let him go, he has to admit that his heart is involved for the first time in his life. How on earth is he going to convince Andrea that she wants more, too--the whole package, corny jokes and all--tied tight as a present with Strings Attached?


Can you share an interesting behind the scenes tidbit about your latest story?

LOL! The scene with the mixologist with his pink shirt is almost all true!


What is your favorite part of the story writing process?

I love the freshness of ideas and all the possibilities. The work is hard but then I also love having written.


Writing can be such an isolated enterprise. Yet, I’m sure there are people who have helped or guided or inspired you along the way to becoming a published author. Could you tell us about one of them and how they helped you?

There are a plethora of people who have helped and guided me. To choose one is hard, but I will say that the authors at CPRW have encouraged me and seen me through so many things that it would have been nearly impossible to go through on my own.

Now for the S.A.T. portion of the interview:

YES! MadLIBS!!!!

Fill in the blank –
If I were a villain, I would have _________ for minions to deliver my wrath because __________. (And remember, sea monkeys are already spoken for. Mostly)

I would have rabid gold fish...because no one would suspect them at the carnival!

Sea Monkeys are to _________ as zombie stinkbugs are to _______________.

washcloths :: mountains

Please tell us where we can find out more about you and where we can buy your books.

Pop on over to www.mistysimon.com for any and all info Misty. I’m also on facebook http://www.facebook.com/misty.simon#!/ so be my friend. Don’t make me beg – it’s not pretty.

Thanks again for stopping in, Misty!

4 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sounds like a great story, Misty. I love it when the guy is more serious than the girl.
Rabid goldfish around all those little kids?

Ava Quinn said...

I love that too, Sue!

I know I would never suspect the goldfish. It's the perfect surprise attack!

Misty said...

HAHA! That is why it would be so diabolical, Sue! Thanks again, Ava for having me over for the interview, those cookies were mahvelous!

Ava Quinn said...

Glad you could come, Misty. I always put out a big spread for guests at TiC!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...