Sunday, February 20, 2011

Holding Pattern

The oldest Urchin had her blood work done Friday morning. They took five tubes. Five tubes. From my six year old. She was a trooper. She didn't cry or anything. She even watched the whole thing. I usually look away when I get it done. But she was a brave little toaster.

The cat scan is set for Tuesday afternoon. I've put a positive spin on that one. She seems excited. But she was excited for the head x-ray two months ago, yet when we walked in, she panicked. That was an experience. Forcing her to do these things, when I'd rather have root canal the Marathon Man way instead. (Is it safe?)

I was at a funeral today. It was for a distant relative, through marriage. But funerals take it out of me.

On a completely different note . . .

To my favorite author, whose latest book in her series featuring my favorite character that I'd been anticipating for months. The book which I purchased the day it came out for full price, no less. I give you the Otto DISAPPOINTED!



I have four words for you. Phoned in. and Irredeemable hero.

On a slightly related note - I adore the character of Otto. If I could somehow combine him with Molly Millions, a.k.a Sally Shears -



I would be in hog heaven.

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I'm saying prayers that everything comes out okay for oldest Urchin. I've been through similar stuff and empathize with the horrible feeling of helplessness. She sounds amazing, :)

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Natalie.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...