Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 'Possum Leftovers

I hope your Thanksgiving celebrations with your family were wonderful. I spent most of my holiday practicing my royal wave. Being the county 'Possum Queen has many duties, one of which is to get the royal wave just right. I'm having a little trouble, though. From what I can glean from the townies, it's more like a glorified armpit scratch than an actual wave.

So how did the roast opossum recipe work out for you all? I'm sure it went fast. But just in case you have leftovers, here are some ideas you can make with "The Third White Meat, Sorta".

Possum Casserole
Possum Nuclear Chili - scroll down, it's the last 'possum recipe on the page.
Possum and Taters

Now that I've done my "darned-tootinest" to further the positive reputation of eatin' 'possum, I can turn my thoughts to other things. Things such as how I haven't written a word in about a week. Chez Quinn has been busier than usual. The Urchins have eleven days off for Thanksgiving. Yes. ELEVEN. So now I'm in full time mommy mode with no chance of parole. I don't even get a lowjack to wear so I can get out on work release. I'm doing hard time here!

But it's given me a chance to think about giving up on my writing. Something I find myself contemplating often. I've come up with so many reasons to quit. Some good, some not.

But here's the thing. All the time I haven't written and been crazy busy with the Urchins and in-laws invading my house and my newly appointed 'Possum Queen duties and all that goes with it, I am still thinking about my stories. In the back of my mind, they're stewing.

So I guess if they don't give up on me, I'm not ready to give up on them. Here's hoping I find some time to get back into the writing groove. And I hope you all get time to do what you like to do as well.

5 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It's so difficult to get writing done when the kids are around. Please keep listening to those stories begging your attention.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue. As long as I can still hear the stories over the chaos surrounding me, I figure they're not out of the running yet.

Victoria said...

Having the stories still in your head is an important sign! Good! And if you can keep them there with all the 'possumy goodness then you're golden! :)

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I have selfish reasons for not wanting you to quit.

Ava Quinn said...

LOL, Smith!

Awwww. Thanks, Natalie.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...