Saturday, April 24, 2010

Don't Look At This

if you are at all squeamish. This is your only warning. It is pretty intense.

Last month I was at a certain "Mart" late in the evening, on my own for once, and saw something from a distance that had me doing a double take. A woman, who was flaunting a pretty high skank factor, had a shirt that was closed at the back of the neck, and waist, but gapped open between. Her spine was revealed in this particular garment. And I saw what I believed was a red tattoo of corset ribbons running the length of her back, exposed by the shirt.

Later when I got home, I mentioned it to The Man, and he asked, "Are you sure it was a tattoo?"

In my naivete, I asked, "What else could it be?" Oh, to be young and innocent like I was before I found out about this:







This is corset piercing. I'm probably behind the times and everyone knows about it but me, but I was actually kind of shocked to see it. Here's another:






So of course, I had to see what it was like to get it done. Suffice it to say, I did the squicky dance with full on hand shaking and shudders. I'm not going to post the video here, but if you're brave enough, this is the link: corset piercing for prom Click at your own peril.

So that's my newest education to date. Now that we're all up to speed, I have to go research custom windshields for motorcycles. All part of my top secret minion negotiations with the sea monkeys. Until next time, citizens.

9 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I can only say. EWWWWW! Guess it would cure someone of being a back sleeper.

M.J. Fifield said...

Oh yeah, I've seen people with this kind of piercing before. It makes me shiver and cringe all at the same time.

Ava Quinn said...

You're right about that, Sue.

Ava Quinn said...

Me too, M. And I didn't even post the photos of the ones who had it down the length of their legs or on their throats.

To each his own, I guess.

Victoria said...

Ick! Haven't seen that in real life yet and I hope I never!!

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Okay, I admit to having a little bit of fascination for this. But it's mostly of the "what if someone pulls on the ribbon?" variety. What if, at prom, the guy has his hand on her back and his class ring gets caught in it and rips it out? Knowing how carefully you have to clean piercings when you first get them, and knowing that even when you do clean them, how easy it is for infection, then I'd wonder how likely it is for that infection to spread to the spinal column and BOOM death or paralysis.

Yeah, that would be worth it. Ick.

Ava Quinn said...

Yeah, I know! On both accounts! LOL, guys.

Carla said...

O. M. G. Women fought for years to not have to wear these things, and girls are having them implanted in their bodies? We've come a long way, baby...in the wrong direction!

Oy...

Ava Quinn said...

Hey Carla! I've been missing you out here in intrnetland! Glad you're still alive and kickin"!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...