Monday, October 5, 2009

Now Back to Our Normally Scheduled Program

Okay, so I'm back from my happy place and none too happy about it. I still have the same million things to do, but now with the added ten thousand and one that I ignored during my mental mini vacation. So, enough.

Writing. Yeah, not so much. I'm still in the 50/50 challenge, but it's a struggle to get just fifty words done. I've lost my momentum on the w.i.p.s, so I'm going back to the beginning and editing as I re-familiarize myself with the story lines. I'm finding it hard to get back into the stories and am tempted to chuck them (all 50,000 + words for each of them) and start something new that might bring back my enthusiasm.

I've thought long and hard about giving up the whole endeavor. I'm sure many have thought the same before me. We'll see where I come out.

So today is dedicated to running around and trying to catch up on chores. As well as fighting off sickness. When all I really want to do is bury myself under the covers and sleep the day away. Magic Eight Ball says: Outlook Not Good.

Curse you Magic Eight Ball. I hope your blue water turns rancid and your oh-so-wise pyramid grows algae.



I think I may need a few more days in my happy place.

5 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

No Quitting. Ever. Ever. Never. Just don't do it.
Rest, feel better and dive back in.

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks, Sue.

Hey, you may or may not believe this, but the check's in the mail. I sent it out yesterday for the $ I owe you for your book! Thanks!

Victoria said...

I'm with Sue. DO. NOT. QUIT! EVER!

Ava Quinn said...

Thanks for the advice, V.

Unknown said...

xz

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...