Thursday, July 16, 2009

Motivation

Gotta get some. I have all these ideas for stories in my head. I just can't seem to finish any. I need a relief pitcher or a closer or something.

I haven't had much time to write for the past month or so, but my schedule is opening up. So I need to start working on my word count. I have half of a free read posted on my website. I need to finish the other half of that and get it up.

I've given myself a timeline for Shifting Her World. If the first draft isn't done by the end of September, I'm putting it aside indefinitely to focus my attention on Brass in Pocket. I've given myself a deadline of the end of the year to finish the first draft of that one.

I'm toying with the idea of a progress meter on the blog to try and be publicly accountable. I need to light a fire under my ass to make some forward progression. I feel more like a hobbyist right now than actually focusing on writing as a career.

Life is filling up with other things and pushing my writing time aside. I need to get on the shtick.

I also need to put together my presentation for the CPRW writer's meeting. I'm the speaker for September. (How to add realism to your fighting scenes to create a kick-ass heroine - or words to that effect.) I'm hoping since it will be Labor Day weekend that no one will actually show up. The last time I presented in front of my peers I broke out into hives on the drive home. Misty, Vicki, Megan or Natalie will need to bring along an emergency case of calamine lotion. That or Captain Morgans so I can get rip roaring drunk before hand.

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I am so hoping I can make if for September. I haven't made a meeting during that month for about six years but I'm gonna try.

Ava Quinn said...

No pressure, now. Sheesh!! lol. You're going to attend the hive-fest? You're a brave woman.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...