Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Top 3 Grinch Moments

I know you've been wanting to ask. You've been thinking, "Ava, what are your top three favorite moments from the TV special How the Grinch Stole Christmas?" I'll take pity on you all and give you my top three in reverse order. I won't even make you do a drum roll.

3. When the Grinch brings back all the toys, food and decorations on his sleigh at the end, The Who's in their circle open and shut like a gate. For some odd reason, I love that.

2. Right before the Grinch goes down to steal all the Who's stuff, he whistles for Max, his dog. Max comes leaping up into the sleigh like every dog in the world - all happy for a ride. It makes me smile every time.

And the number one favorite moment from How the Grinch Stole Christmas is. . .

When the Grinch gets his awful idea to steal all the Who's things he smiles the most evil smile ever. I love that smile. I wish I could bring it out and plaster it on my face at appropriate moments. I seem to run into a bunch of appropriate moments for that smile. And boy would I use it!

So there they are. My top three. What are your top three? Or top moments from your favorite Christmas specials?

One last thing. Have you ever played the Whoville drinking game? Every time the word "who" is spoken, you take a drink. You have to look out for, "All the Who's down in Whoville", and "Little Cindy-Lou Who, Who was no more than two." Those are killers.

2 comments:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I was totally wondering! Thank you for clearing it up. :)

The only holiday movie I can claim any attachment to is the original Miracle on 34th Street, mainly because it was my mother's favorite first. The best part is when the post office brings in all the sacks of letters. :)

Ava Quinn said...

I know the scene you're talking about in Miracle on 34th Street, but I've never seen the whole movie. I'd like to, but when the season comes around, I'm always too busy with other things to seek it out. Need to add it to my "to do" list!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...